First things first, have you checked out my website for sewing and embroidery? You should!

Search This Blog

Sunday, April 25, 2010

How to organize your coupons


Again, I admit my dork-hood.  I have a coupon binder.  Best. Decision. Ever.  It amazes me how much time I wasted using those accordion filers.  You can make your own or feel free to do what I did, I bought my tab dividers and baseball card pages from this chick online:  http://smartspendingresources.com/services.html        
I would buy the extra tabs from her too.    The downfall is that she doesn't have a Kid tab but, I use the Pet Care tab - kids, dogs, same thing, right?  I bought it from her because I figured it would be easier and maybe less expensive (I don't know that for sure, I never checked) than doing it myself.  Pick up a zippered binder (where's a trapperkeeper when you need one?)  and you are set.  I use a pencil case at the front to put the coupons I pull for that specific grocery trip.  The binder is super easy to find coupons and after that initial set up, it's so easy to maintain (expireds and new).

Another method is to just take the WHOLE insert and put them in a folder, then clip them when you are about to go shopping (the coupon matchups will tell you which date/insert to clip from!) 


By request, I'm listing the tab names for you to check out.  If you're making your own, you might want to make some adjustments but, keep in mind, more is better.
Baking, Beverage, Bread, Canned, Cereal, Cleaning, Condiments, Dairy, Deodorant, Entertainment, Feminine, Frozen, Hair, Laundry, Meat, Oral Care, Over the Counter, Paper & Plastic, Pasta & Rice, Pet Care, Salad Dressing, Snacks, Soap, Store Coupons






No comments:

Post a Comment