First things first, have you checked out my website for sewing and embroidery? You should!

Search This Blog

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Comparing Prices

I've started a Price Book for me - yes, I'm a dork.  It allows me to track some things I regularly buy so I know how much I generally spend to know it a sale is worth it.  
For example, I will track boneless, skinless chicken breasts and find that I can get them from BJ's for $2.99/lb but, last week at HT I got them buy 2, get 3 free which made them $1.66/lb which was the cheapest I've seen.  I stocked up.  I know that in general, I will not spend more than $1.99/lb and when it's less than that, I stock up.  

My book consists of an Excel SS with columns as follows:








I don't do this for everything I buy, just the most common stuff so, it gets in my head what's good vs. bad deals.  I will note when I have coupons for stuff too.  

I'm working on a Price Book for anyone to input info, so we could all have access without all the work.  Here's the link, feel free to start adding in any items you have.  

No comments:

Post a Comment